This event started out as a small affair for Japanese expatriates to immerse their children in Japanese culture in 1977. It has now grown into a much-awaited annual event of about 35,000 participants each year.
Bon Odori has been cancelled for the past two years. This year, we gladly inform you that, it will be held as the following schedule in 2022.
|Date & Time||16th July 2022 (Sat) 19:00～21:15 hrs（Tentative）|
|Venue||Kompleks Sukan Negara Shah Alam (Panasonic)
※You can also search as “Panasonic Sports Complex Shah Alam” on Google Map or Waze.
※To avoid massive traffic jams and due to lack of parking space, please use of the KTM Komuter and FREE Shuttle Bus service or come by Grab or Taxi!
|Access||FREE shuttle bus service (10 buses) between KTM Shah Alam Station and the stadium will be provided. However the departure and arrival time of the buses are not synchronized with KTM train time schedule.
Time: 16:00 ～ 22:30 hrs
OPEN TO PUBLIC / FREE ADMISSION
※Baggage CHECKS may be CARRIED OUT during entry.
The Japan Club of Kuala Lumpur
The Japanese School of Kuala Lumpur
Embassy of Japan
(BY ALPHABETICAL ORDER)
Alumni Look East Policy Society (ALEPS)
Japan Graduates’ Association of Malaysia (JAGAM)
The Japanese Chamber of Trade & Industry, Malaysia Tourism Selangor Sdn Bhd
The State Government of Selangor
Invest Selangor Berhad
Perbadanan Stadium Malaysia
4:30 pm Gates Open
7:00 pm Opening– Drum Performance
7:15 pm Bon Odori Dance – Part 1
7:45 pm Japanese "Wadaiko" Performance
8:00 pm Bon Odori Dance – Part 2
8:30 pm Guest Performance
8:45 pm Bon Odori Dance – Part 3
9:15 pm Closing Address
- Please show Mysejahtera status at the entrance.
- We recommend wearing a mask at all times .
- Sale of Alcohol is NOT allowed! Self provided and consumption is allowed.
- NO SMOKING! Do not sit on the ground!! Dance with us!!!
- The Bon Odori Festival organisers shall NOT be responsible for any injuries or damage of properties that might occur during event.
- Please do NOT wear High Heels in order not to damage turf
- Drones are strictly PROHIBITED! Only the police have the authorities to fly the drone.
- Hazardous items and/or items which can be regarded as weapons are also not allowed. Please refrain from bringing any such items to the venue.