This event started out as a small affair for Japanese expatriates to immerse their children in Japanese culture in 1977. It has now grown into a much-awaited annual event of about 35,000 participants each year.
Bon Odori was held on 22nd July 2023 (Sat). It was crowded with about 40,000 visitors. We would like to express our sincere gratitude to all the volunteers, related parties, and visitors.
|Date & Time||We will inform on this page once we have decided the schedule for 2024|
|Venue|| Kompleks Sukan Negara Shah Alam (Panasonic)
※You can also search as “Panasonic Sports Complex Shah Alam” on Google Map or Waze.
※To avoid massive traffic jams and due to lack of parking space, please use of the KTM Komuter and FREE Shuttle Bus service or come by Grab or Taxi!
|Access|| FREE shuttle bus service (10 buses) between KTM Shah Alam Station and the stadium will be provided. However the departure and arrival time of the buses are not synchronized with KTM train time schedule.
Time: 16:00 ～ 22:00 hrs
OPEN TO PUBLIC / FREE ADMISSION
※Baggage CHECKS may be CARRIED OUT during entry.
The Japan Club of Kuala Lumpur
The Japanese School of Kuala Lumpur
Embassy of Japan
(BY ALPHABETICAL ORDER)
Alumni Look East Policy Society (ALEPS)
Japan Graduates’ Association of Malaysia (JAGAM)
The Japanese Chamber of Trade & Industry, Malaysia Tourism Selangor Sdn Bhd
The State Government of Selangor
Invest Selangor Berhad
Perbadanan Stadium Malaysia
4:30 pm Gates Open
7:00 pm Opening– Drum Performance
7:15 pm Bon Odori Dance – Part 1
7:45 pm Japanese "Wadaiko" Performance
8:00 pm Bon Odori Dance – Part 2
8:45 pm Bon Odori Dance – Part 3
9:30 pm Closing Address
- Due to the hot spell, please bring and consume lots of drinking water to prevent dehydration.
- Sale of Alcohol is NOT allowed! Bringing own alcohol for self-consumption is allowed.
- NO SMOKING! The field is for dancing, please do not to sit on the field. Securing a spot by putting your bags is prohibited.
- The Bon Odori Festival organizers shall NOT be responsible for any injuries or damage of properties that might occur during event.
- Please do NOT wear High Heels in order not to damage turf.
- Drones are strictly PROHIBITED! Only the police have the authorities to fly the drone.
- Hazardous items and/or items which can be regarded as weapons are also not allowed. Please refrain from bringing any such items to the venue.
◆Bon Odori 2023◆